Sunday, December 12, 2010
Everyone loves a Chicken Caesar Salad, but they're so much better when you make them from scratch!
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Garlic infused olive oil or Garlic butter
Pancetta or Prosciutto
Old bread (any kind)
Salt & Pepper
1. Pan roast, poach, or grill chicken breasts, cut or slice as desired. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Cut bread slices into cubes for croutons (I use kitchen scissors) and brush with garlic infused olive oil or garlic butter and arrange on baking sheet. Place cooling racks on second baking sheet, and lay pancetta or prosciutto across. Bake together until each is nice and crispy.
3. Using a food processor combine anchovy paste, garlic, eggs, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and parmesan until emulsified.
4. Tear romaine lettuce, loosely crumble pancetta. Combine with croutons in a large salad bowl. When ready to serve toss with dressing, using small amounts to begin with! once plated top with warm chicken.
So everyone craves fries, we can admit that. and if you have already cut them, they're great when entertaining, since they require very little babysitting. Don't they look delicious?!
Russet (or any) Potatoes
GARLIC (or garlic powder)
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425. Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1-2cm slices, then again into large french fry style matchsticks.
2. Let potatoes rest in cold water for half an hour (this keeps them crunchy!). Make sure you dry them off REALLY WELL (I think you'd be safe to bag and freeze them at this point if you wanted)
3. Drain potatoes and toss with remaining ingredients. Arrange in a single layer on baking sheet, and cook for 15 minutes, turn and cook another 15 minutes, or until nice and crispy.
*Serve with mayo mixed with the spiciest hot sauce you have; we use a Caribbean pepper sauce!