Monday, September 27, 2010

Pan Roasted Lemon Chicken

Hello Internet.

I don't have much experience with this blogging thing, but as a Tastespotting addict, and a big fan of several food blogs, I feel that I might as well come out of hiding. I'll start trying to photograph my food soon, but for now this is more of an online recipe book for me. Thanks for dropping by, but I totally understand if you're already gone :).

I wanted a pan roasted chicken breast, and the simplest, tastiest, bare bones sauce to go with it. REALLY quite happy with this, and the mister ate his, mine, and has requested another breast (hehe) for lunch tomorrow. Of course I can't take credit for this, as it's really just a combination of this and this


Ingredients
2 Chicken Breasts
Salt & Pepper
1 Lemon, zested and halved
Olive Oil
1/4-1/2 Stick Butter
8-10 Crimini Mushrooms, halved or quartered
GARLIC, 2-597862348762 cloves, peeled and smashed
1/4 cup Chicken Stock
Thyme, to taste


Method
1. Preheat oven to 400. Trim and season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and lemon zest.
2. Combine olive oil and butter in oven proof pan or skillet over med-high heat.
3. Sear both sides of breast, add garlic, mushrooms and chicken stock to skillet and place in the oven for 20 to 40 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
4. Once chicken is fully cooked, plate on top of couscous, rice or other grain.
5. Add lemon juice to the skillet and mix. Spoon pan sauce over dish and serve.

*
I used a bed of couscous and peas, but rice and broccoli would work just as well, etc etc


No comments:

Post a Comment